Nov 15, 2007

Gift Guide Part III: For Him

I got some help from Matt when I was compiling the guy's guide. Or, I guess I should say he approved most of it. The one thing he said he didn't like is the Alexander McQueen skull scarf. That's fine. 15 out of 16 aint bad. And I kind of see his point, but too bad, my guide!

Clockwise from top left: This Nixon 51-30 PU ($300) watch is a great alternative to the U-Boat watches which carry a hefty price tag. Bon Appétit wine and spirits editor Heather John recommended Ardbeg Ten Years Old Single Islay Malt Scotch Whisky ($47) in the December issue, it's strong and fiery (like your man?). It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 1 & 2 DVD ($20), because I don't know what guy wouldn't like a show about some hilarious guys running a bar. This tie happens to be Matt's school tie ($30), but a classic simple tie is a necessity and currently in vogue. LCD Sound System poster from The Small Stakes ($25); Steven Alan flannel lined down vest ($385), it's simple and warm (like your man?).

Ugg Ascot slippers ($90) are wonderful because you can wear them indoors or as a street shoe because of the molded rubber heels. I love these Handpainted Buffalo Nickel Cuff Links made from vintage coins ($195). The new Hives Album ($8); Loomstate is an eco-chic line that has a reputation for quality, I particularly like this organic lumber jack shirt ($102).

Let's see if I can sneak Smathers & Branson into every holiday guide, this time the "Hang Time" belt ($165); The Alexander McQueen scarf that Matt doesn't like ($220); and the Ben Adler striped scarf that Matt does like ($80).

Does he like the show Mad Men? Then get him the George Nelson Pill desk clock ($340); The newest coat from the British hunting company is the Men's Utility Jacket ($375); Sharp's Mission Control conditioning shampoo ($12)—it's shampoo and conditioner in one and has either Alan Shepard or some sort of Russian cosmonaut on the packaging, he'll love it.

No comments: