Feb 15, 2008

Hello Lovers


Yesterday in a bizarre turn of events Matt was trying to convince me that we needed something new for the loft. Out of the blue he says, "We need a dining room table!" and one of his follow-up arguments was that he could "do homework on it" (or...have dinner?). We had been going back and forth on a dining table since we moved in (yes, of course we need and want one), but there is a space issue. So with some trusty masking tape, we marked a rectangle of space where it would go, set up some chairs we pulled from different rooms, and ta da: it looked like we were having a tea party. I'm still not convinced we have the space, but pretending to cut a fillet in mid-air while sitting on a barstool was a superb excersize.

We are however, vehemently in agreement on the style. An antique rectangular table and the above Napolean Dining chairs ($375) from Jayson Home & Garden. They might seem a little too dramatic for the average dining table or dining room, (after all these chairs are pretty much wearing tuxedos), but we're both stuck on them. I keep seeing them in my head contrasting a hot pink centerpiece or white hydrangeas in the Summer. We'll see. In the mean time I have a rectangle I need to set for this evening's tea party. Have a good weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love these chairs Lizzie! Invite me for dinner - I'll bring the centerpiece!

Matriarch

PrincessSteph said...

Love love love these chairs. I must have them around my non-exsistent dining room table. I like you, have been toying with the idea for a long time. Don't think that I have the space. I would however make the space for these chairs. They are the things that are in my dreams.....

Monado said...

Beautiful chairs. A table with similar bottom edge would go well with them.

I suspect that you meant "bizarre" rather than "bazaar."

Lizzie said...

yes I did, woops!

Anonymous said...

Nice chairs...
I usually ain't much into old styles... I mean, my ideal chairs would be the Panton chairs...
But these are real cool...
Like that they're all in the same colour, I mean, upholstery and structure...

Anonymous said...

Love it, I design a lot with black and the not, so norm, I could fun designing with this style!

http://herharlee.blogspot.com said...

I like your whole website is the stuff that you sale antiques and do you buy from others if they have antiques