Feb 13, 2008

Talisker Scotch


Matt took the side of my sworn enemy in a prank war last night, so there will be absolutely no love coming his way on Valentine's Day tomorrow. In fact, he's facing hard time in Siberian exile for his precious handiwork. I mean really, is it too much to ask to stay loyal to your girlfriend OF 5 YEARS in a VERY SERIOUS prank war!? I would have given him a very nice bottle of Talisker too, a single malt scotch whisky ($55). Talisker is known for its above average peat content and "salty" character. It was recommended to me by my friend and ALLY. This said ally, who's initials are K.O., told me that Talisker is from the only distillery on the Isle of Skye and that "yes, it’s pretty peaty, but in a warmer way than the Islay scotches." Sounds delicious doesn't it, Matt?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any man worth is weight deserves a Macallan's not Talisker...

I would disagree with your friend. Islay has some pretty smooth whiskys. But then again, I'll remain impartial and settle for any 25 year old single malt.

Next time, you really want warmth, try some Glayva.