Mar 28, 2007

Eco Design


I've recently started to ramp up my personal environmentalism, I don't know why now and not 3 or 13 years ago, but I have made modest steps like recently I stopped using disposable grocery bags and signed up for Green energy through LADWP. Now that I've been making these subtle changes I see more and more things I should be doing. I came to the realization that maybe I'm noticing better green choices because the choices are actually getting better. Green clothing lines for example, aren't necessarily crunchy hippie linen pants and Birkenstocks anymore—check out this brand Loomstate which is eco-sustainable and really f-ing cool. I came across this book Eco Design: The Sourcebook by Alastair Fuad-Luke which is a guide that includes over 700 listings of consumer products that have minimal impact on the earth while remaining useful and beautiful. This includes furniture, appliances, vehicles and electronics. Eco Design literally does the research for you, all you need to do is look at what you like and go buy. Pick it up right here on amazon.com for about $23.

No comments: