May 20, 2007

Hangover Cure #497: Norma's


Returned home today from a wicked weekend spent in Palm Springs for my friend Heather's bachelorette party. There is a photo in my camera of the bride to be's sister strumming a mounted Marlin like a guitar, memories of personifying wind turbines, and I have a heart-shaped temporary tattoo on my forearm that says "I Will", so it pretty much goes without saying that it was quite a night and I'm still hurting. Luckily, the said "marlin guitarist" had the good sense to make a brunch reservation at Norma's, one of the fabulous restaurants at The Parker (the Jonathan Adler-designed hotel that opened in 2004). I had seen photos and read articles about the hotel but never been and really is a sight. Possibly the coolest hotel design I've ever seen. What I really like is that the design isn't too Jonathan Adler, although his stamp is certainly there, his store brand isn't. Besides the plentiful eye candy, the brunch was just what the doctor ordered: crisp lemonade, churros with chocolate dipping sauce, and "super cheesy french toast" which I would like to eat forever. It's one part sweet, three parts savory and likely the only reason I survived the two-hour drive home. Whew...

No comments: