Oct 16, 2007

Barstool Roundup


My brother, who just moved to Boston, called me last weekend asking me for advice about barstools. I got back to him with one suggestion, but since I haven't been to his new place I thought I'd provide him with a broader selection. Stools at the kitchen counter or a bistro table can add a punch of color and flair to the entire room. So with out further delay, the barstool round up: Clockwise from top left: Norman Cherner Stool designed in 1958 ($659); Ikea Malte stool ($40); Blu Dot Stool ($169); Eames wire stool replica by Modernica ($239); Bienal Barstool by Fernando Jaeger designed in 2001 ($306); Charles Ghost Stool by Philippe Starck, designed in 2005 ($253); Marais Stool 30 designed by Xavier Pauchard in 1934, used in French weather forecasting rooms on battleships ($198); Precision Stool used in U.S. Hospitals in early 20th century for design and durability ($405). Below is my personal choice, the Bertoia Stool designed in 1952 by Harry Bertoia ($766).

1 comment:

Hänni said...

I am also a big fan of the Bertoia stool style, but the price is a little steep. Thanks for this roundup. There are lots of great ideas!