Jan 15, 2008

I Heart N.Y. (and Pastis)


New York is such a fun city to visit and the design shopping is unmatched, but before I get into some of my NY finds, I had to touch briefly on my love for Pastis, the French brasserie on Ninth Avenue in the Meatpacking District. I know it might be slightly overrated and touristy, but there's something about it, the warmth, the delicious coffee, it just feels so New York to me. Matt and I went for lunch on Saturday at noon when it was bustling with newspapers, hangovers, and strollers, and we had the best time. The decor is incredible, if I didn't know better I would have thought Pastis has been around for 80 years. In fact restaurateur Keith McNally reproduced the 1930s-era Parisian bistro by scouring European flea markets for distressed mirrors, light globes, brass railings and vintage signs—what a fun job. I'll be back with more posts with finds from the ABC Carpet & Home sale later in the day. I'm still in recovery from the weekend.

No comments: