Dec 2, 2008

Shanghai Terrace


I'm embarrased to say up until recently my experience with Chinese food was limited to what came in take-out boxes from strip malls. I had no idea how refined it could be until I ate at Chicago's Shanghai Terrace, where new Chef de Cuisine Chi Ping Xu creates authentic Shanghainese dishes with modern presentations using only the highest in quality ingredients. I also really love the 1930's supper club decor. I was lucky enough to get a behind-the-scenes tour of the restaurant and kitchen a few weeks ago and am on my way there now for lunch, can't wait for the lobster dumplings! Absolutely worth a visit! Best Chinese in Chicago! 108 E. Superior St., at Michigan Ave. Chicago.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree !! The Penisula is our FAVORITE place to go.