Jan 8, 2009

The Parker Hotel


While we were visiting my parents in Orange County over the holiday break, Matt and I took a drive out to Palm Springs for the day. One of my favorite spots in the desert is The Parker Hotel which opened in October of 2004. The 13 acre property used to be Gene Autry's Melody Ranch and for a while was a hotel and spa in the 1980s and 90s. The hotel has gotten a lot of attention over the past five years because it was designed by Jonathan Adler, but what I think really makes it a great spot is the work of landscape artist Judy Kameon. The gardens on the property are sometimes overshadowed by the decor but they each provide a different feeling and function and they're all really quite stunning. Here are a few pics I snapped while walking around.








1 comment:

thefoodinista said...

I didn't know Judy Kameon did the grounds. We featured a lot of her work at the LATM. Those shots are gorgeous!