Jul 29, 2009

All Aces


So, the Ace Hotel & Swim Club in Palm Springs is officially going to be our winter retreat. I know I'm not the first blogger to rave about the no-fuss cool-as-ice hotel in the dessert that opened in February, and I'm no doubt not the last. But, wow, they revamped an old HoJo and Denny's and made it into one groovy spot.


Rooms are great! Comfy beds, nice baths, flatscreen TVs, and great patios. Did I mention this one was $85 for a night!?

I love the clipped on art.

The GMC party van is available to take into town, airport runs, and make-outs.

Adult snow cones. Enough said.

This is Linda. She's 71 and leads open-mic night on Tuesdays in the bar. I would describe what went on here, but I don't think anyone would believe me.

The old-school photo booth in the lobby not only rules, but also takes credit cards.

Thankfully the main pool is open 24 hours a day, because we needed a dip after riding a tandem bike back from dinner.

We only had time to grab a few to-go coffees from King's Highway, the Denny's-turned five-star diner—but I was wishing I could have had the chilaquiles. There's always next time.

No comments: