Nov 25, 2007

21c Museum Hotel


Ever feel like you need a vacation from a vacation? Well, I think I found the perfect Chicago getaway—I'm on board at least. When I moved here in September someone told me one of the biggest drawbacks of the Windy City is that you have to fly to go anywhere for a weekend. Not so. Louisville is about a four hour drive and I'm planning to scoot down there in January. I've been reading only great things about the new 21c Museum Hotel and their Tuscan/American restaurant Proof on Main.

I think I'm even more intrigued because Louisville Kentucky seems like the unlikeliest place to find a happening boutique hotel like The 21c , which houses a 5,000-square-foot contemporary art gallery and museum shop. It's really exciting to learn that this post-industrial city is reinventing itself with arts and culture and not just sports teams or suburban office parks.

Mint Juleps, Bluegrass music and art? What's not to like? Check out more on the 21c website, rooms start at $149 a night. There's a 21c in Austin scheduled to open soon on Congress Ave.

No comments: