Oct 14, 2008

The Nettelhorst Door Project


I had a meeting way north of my apartment yesterday and I would have typically driven or biked but the trees are so spectacular right now I wanted to walk. Fall is my favorite time to walk in a city; there's a tree outside my window that looks as if it just swallowed a school bus. While I was walking around I saw this door by artist and Chicago public school teacher Brian Graves (someone a shrink would probably call hyper-graphic?). This door is part of Nettelhorst Elementary and is now full of famous quotes discussing: teaching, education, students, and the power of a neighborhood that surrounds the schools children attend. I feel like it adds a welcome element of creativity to an otherwise standard school facade. I really enjoyed walking by it.

No comments: