Feb 11, 2008

ManilaMac


For a while in college my friend Claire Evans and I were inseparable. We did all sorts of awesome things together, mostly involving ModgePodge. Then I graduated school and started working a 9-5 job and Claire started touring the world with the indie-electro band YACHT. When she's not performing with her band, she writes a syndicated blog about culture and science called The Universe. I'm not exaggerating when I say she is one of the most talented writers I've had the pleasure of knowing personally. In the more tangible and, dare I say material world, Claire and her parter Jona Bechtolt (also of YACHT) have created the AirMail, a laptop sleeve inspired by the Mac commercial I'm sure you've all seen by now. The AirMail is handmade out of durable upholstery-grade vinyl, and lined with fuzzy, soft fleece. All AirMail sleeves have the same dimensions as standard interoffice manila envelopes, which will serve to remind you, and everyone around you, that your new MacBook Air really is the thinnest laptop in the world! If you have the new MacBook Air (I hate you), but chances are you need this ManilaMac Air Mail to protect it ($29.95). Below is a photo of Claire and Jona tearing it up as YACHT. They're coming to play a show with Vampire Weekend April 6th at Metro in Chicago, I'll be there.