Jan 1, 2007

New Year's Resolution


Besides the obvious of drinking and eating less, I've made my New Year's resolution this year to stay in touch with people better. It may have been the dozens of Christmas cards that I got (and I sent out zip), or all the unanswered "Happy New Year!" text messages on my phone that prompted it, but this is one I intend to keep. To prepare for my venture I went online to the USPS website to buy stamps and was delighted to see the above stamps called Gee's Bend Quilts. I love them because they look like early 20th Century modern paintings and as the suprisingly upbeat postal worker told me at my local post office when I went to get more, "these stamps will really *jazz* up my envelopes." Get a book here.

1 comment:

Quinn said...

Good New Years resolution Lizzie.

Add "get classy" as well. I expect to see that Christmas card well before the carrot soup gets poured in '07.