Apr 19, 2007

WASP ALERT! WASP ALERT!


Paging all WASPs and WASPophiles, the best Wasp book since To The Manor Born (or The Preppy Handbook even) is about to hit the shelves: Privileged Life: Celebrating Wasp Style by Susanna Salk. Salk's credentials include Vassar, Elle Decor, House & Garden, CAA, and living in Connecticut. Ample résumé to write such a book I think. Although, I have to admit I know a few rare-strain Super-Wasps that are so inbred, with so many roman numerals trailing their name, that they could make Thurston Howell III look like K-Fed.
Assouline is publishing this 176 page photo book that will include shots of Jackie O., CZ Guest, Babe Paley, Truman Capote and on and on and on. Salk states, "Being a Wasp has nothing to do with religion or money, It's about childhood images: my father mowing our lawn in his faded Harvard crew T-shirt". You better believe it'll be gracing my coffee table, I pre-ordered this mo-fo from amazon this afternoon. You can get it right here from Amazon for a mere $27.

No comments: