Oct 5, 2007

Timorous Beasties


I keep joking with my friend Heather (who happens to be the tabletop editor at Bon Appétit) that I should start a sidebar called "Heather Remodels her House", because she is always emailing me fantastic finds and ideas that she is working into a house she's renovating and decorating. Her latest email introduced me to a fabulous Scottish company called Timorous Beasties where she recently bought some of the above "Digital Iguana" fabric (approx. $250 a meter) to reupholster two side chairs she picked up at a thrift store in San Francisco 10 years ago. Heather said she stripped off all the mahogany stain down to the natural wood and has decided to lacquer them white. I can't wait to see what they'll look like, I'm sure they're going to look amazing. Check out more great fabrics (as well as wallpapers, window shades and products) at the Timorous Beasties website.

No comments: