Apr 21, 2010

>> exit through the gift shop


My friend Danielle and I went to see the movie Exit Through The Gift Shop last night. It's a documentary (about a documentary) on contemporary street art a la Shepard Fairey and British street artist Banksy. First off, this movie is killer! Definitely go see if you have the chance. I didn't know who Banksy was before the movie, but I definitely recognized his work, like the above stenciling he did on a building on Melrose Avenue just blocks from my old apartment. I remember driving by it and smirking every time I saw it thinking, "Man, that rat really gets me."

**update**

I think someone bought this from the building, as in, an art collector bought a wall of this building, as it is now missing and covered with a blue tarp for insulation. Sad.

No comments: